Packing list for your first competition can be found here
BRITISH JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS - 30th Oct - 3rd Nov. Entries close 25/9/19 and can be found at https://www.britishpowerlifting.org/upcoming-competitions and qualifying totals can be found here https://www.britishpowerlifting.org/documents/802_british_powerlifting_qualifying_totals_updated_june_2019.pdf
WEST MIDLANDS FULL POWER AND BENCH ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS – 23 - 24 November. Entries open 30th October and can be found on this site https://www.westmidspowerlifting.co.uk/event1/west-midlands-full-power-and-bench-only-championships/
WARWICK BARBELL INTERNAL MEET - Date TBC in December
BRITISH UNIVERSITY CHAMPIONSHIPS - Date TBC in Easter
Qualfiying totals are
59kg - 365 kg 47kg - 200kg
66kg - 402.5 kg 52kg - 222.5kg
74kg - 435 kg 57kg - 227.5kg
83kg - 495 kg 63kg - 265kg
93kg - 517.5 kg 72kg - 280kg
105kg - 532.5kg 84kg - 307.5kg
120kg - 550kg 84kg+ - 315kg
120kg+ - 567.5
All weightlifting competitions can be found and entered via https://bwl.sport80.com/events
BRITISH AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS - 5th - 6th October, entry totals can be found here https://britishweightlifting.org/resources/2019-nqts-030419121556.pdf
BWL MIDLANDS OPEN SERIES 3 - 26th October, held in Birmingham
WARLEY WINTER OPEN - 8th December held in Smethwick
Everything you need to bring for your first competition
- IPF Certified Singlet
- Any other lifting equipment you normally wear - e.g. belt, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, squat/deadlift shoes, deadlift socks. Make sure everything meets the rules and is IPF certified if it needs to be.
- Food and water for after weigh ins, especially some sweet snacks for in between lifts. Meets can take a long time so it's worth bringing more than enough food and water.
- Warm clothes. Sometimes meets can be in cold venues and staying warm between lifts is important.
- Your membership card.
- A singlet (does not need to be IPF certified)
- Weightlifting Shoes
- Food and Water, especially some sweets for in between lifts.
- Photo ID for weigh ins
- BWL Book or Card
- Any other lifting equipment you normally wear - such as finger tape, knee sleeves/wraps, wrist wraps, belt etc. but make sure it meets the BWL rules and regulations.
- Warm Clothes - venues (especially in winter) are often cold so keeping warm clothes is really important.